Friday 29 October 2010

Time to catch up...

Where has the time gone?  I have been very neglectful of my blog lately....so many quilts to do, dogs to walk, floors to clean, washing to hang out....no superwoman me!!!  I hope I'm not the only one who wonders how to cope with the day ahead!! Where do I start...
Well, I am delighted to have so many quilts to do and that my customers trust their beautiful creations to me. 
Look at this huge one...a lovely autumnal maple leaf design

Hopefully it will be arriving at its destination in South Wales this morning! 
I have been doing a bit of my own sewing this last couple of weeks too...using some new and vintage fabrics I have been collecting.  These two pieces will be cushions I think..





There are four stars with a piece of embroidery in the centre cut from an old tablecloth....the first picture is made up of strips of fabrics to create the heart.

I have found quite a few vintage fabrics lately from various places...I just love the feedsacks from the 1930s and 1950s and the tiny ditsy prints you can find on older fabrics..




Aren't they lovely!  Sorry, I am a complete banana when it comes to fabrics!!!  Obsessive behaviour!!!  They would really suit mini quilt projects..talking of which, I sent my candlemat off earlier in the week for the swap.  I wonder if the lady has received it yet...exciting!  Anyway enough rambling, these fabrics will be for sale on my blogshop which we are setting up soon, so keep looking! 
Back to another quilt on my machine now...got to keep the wolf from the door!!! (or maybe that should be got to feed the wolves inside the door!!)  Until later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment