Thursday 25 November 2010

Mug rugs and more.....!

A lovely quilt has been sent back to London, so should be with its owner this morning!  I just love the colours..

And the backing fabric is perfect...blue and white spotty!  Cheryll, your quilt is wonderful!  I now have a Christmas baby mat on the machine for one of my quilt group friends, so must finish that this morning.
Yesterday, whilst waiting  for a customer to arrive I did some making of my own.  I made four 'mug rugs'....they are very very addictive!  You don't need a pattern really, just some scraps and some imagination.  I used some vintage and some modern fabrics and an old linen table cloth provided the pieces of embroidery.  Then layer and quilt simply on your domestic machine...hey presto!  Some pressies for someone at christmas, if I can bear to part with them!!

These are made of linen from Japan...
These are mainly vintage fabrics...



 Now its off to the studio....nice and warm up there!  It was sunny and bright this morning but it's now clouded over and looks like we may get a bit of the snow they keep going on about on the weather forecast...time to quilt!!!  Till next time......

2 comments:

  1. Karen, I love the "Mug Rugs"! What a cute gift idea, what is the finished size on those? The fabric you pick for your projects is wonderful, I love vintage and embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great Mug Rugs! It is a very good idea to use old embroideries that way. I have plans to make a table runner for Christmas with a charm pack from Moda, but I don't know if I get time to get it done. I have some more Christmas gifts to knit too. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete