Thursday 18 August 2011

Catching up.....

Oh its been a while!!  I swore that I would keep my blog up to date regularly but my, my...I have begun to go down the slippery slope and let time overtake me!  A very slow computer which really needs replacing doesn't help of course, but there is no excuse....
I have been very very busy with my quilting business and many pieces have come and gone!  We are also in the process of building a wooden summer house in our garden, so between aches and pains of manual labour and standing up quilting, I am grateful for a sit down in the evenings! (with that glass of wine or two)  I have also adopted the habit of long early morning walks with the two woolly monsters, which they love...we have seen green woodpeckers, squirrels (which they chase) and lots of pretty deer.  I am hoping it will help me lose a little weight!!
Today the weather is dreadful...very wet and tipping with rain, so time to catch up with the photo blogs


I have just completed J's quilt...it is her first quilt, but it has turned out beautifully...pretty colours and feathers always work well....hope she likes it!!


H's quilt is gorgeous and as accurately pieced as ever...sometimes I wish my customers would forget their quilts and leave them with me!




Lisa's amazing quilt
Lisa's quilt was a beautiful richly coloured one and it took just ages to quilt it....it became a real labour of love and I am delighted that Lisa absolutely loved it!

Last weekend we went to the Festival of quilts in Birmingham....a wonderful array of quilts, stalls and people. I bought some more french fabrics from Une etait en fois and some rulers from Marti Michell, which are great!  I also visited Mary Jenkins on her stand and bought the ebook of Welsh quilting from Rainbow discs, chatting to a lady called Vivienne who was lovely!  Too much money was spent and we arrived home really exhausted, with tired feet! 
I must finish with a promise to blog more in the future...and maybe on a new computer, one which works a little faster!!!  Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Greetings from Finland! I love your quilts! They are fantastic! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gyönyörű a tűzés!!!
    Gratulálok! Tudnék tanulni Öntől!!! :)))
    Amy
    http://amy-kreativ.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete