Tuesday 27 September 2011

A lovely sunny day...and hot too!

I have been basting a quilt on my machine this morning and plan to do another this afternoon, but oh it is sooooo difficult...the sun is shining and it is very warm in the garden!!  The woolly monsters are begging me to go and play ball with them.....but I really should get on!  What a dilemma!  Work will probably win as guilt will set in!!  Hey ho!
I have also been experimenting with more chicken blocks and mini blocks lately.  What do you think?
A 1950s style chicken

Reproduction star blocks

Mini churn dash blocks














With longarm quilting I work at such large scale that it is great fun to make small quilts or items...oh for the time!..not sure what the churn dash blocks will become, but the chicken is going to be a cushion and it is similar in style to the block I will be teaching at Tikki patchwork soon.  The star blocks will be a wall hanging I think!
Right, ...off to enjoy a little sunshine with a cup of tea just for a short while....

No comments:

Post a Comment