Tuesday 4 October 2011

Late summer heat and lots of sewing....

We have had a heatwave this last week which I think has just broken today....a bit damp out there now!  I have struggled to work in my studio as it has been so hot, so I have been busy getting things made for my trading stand at the quilters guild event at Ashtead, Surrey on 22nd October.
Tea cosy

This tea cosy was fun to make..the idea came from a Japanese book but it needed to be sized up and the squares are rotary cut rather than using templates (because I hate cutting using templates!!)..I think it worked quite well.


I have also been thinking about what to do with charm packs or 5" squares, so using Petit Poulet range of charms, I cut and sliced and ended up with this...
It is a little difficult to see the quilting because of the sunlight and shadow, but it is a sunflower pattern with cross hatching in the centre panel.  I used gingham to bind the quilt.  I should have photographed the back as I used chicken fabric!!  I will try and remember to include it later...
The woollies have been loving the opportunity to enjoy the sunshine and we have done a lot of walking...


Happy sewing.....

1 comment:

  1. Your projects turned out so cute!!! I love the tea Cozy. The pups are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete